A Sketch and a Hop

Give Thanks, a Card

Today is a special day because I get to use my blog to do something nice!

I have a thing for old people, especially little sweet old men, they make me go “awwwwww” and reminds me of my own grandpa. but in general, lot of them just brings a smile to my face. A little squeeze on my arm, a little laugh, home made cookies, whatever… old folks gives me the warm and fuzzies. I especially love loving elderly couples. Ya know, those ones who still giggle at each others’ jokes or still walk hand-in-hand or have that look for each other that’s just ever lasting. I love it because it always reminds me that true love is not just in story books and I hope that one day, 50 yrs from now, the two old folks laughing at each other (lovingly of course) would be hubby and I {::SMILES}.

Anyhow, Vera (my fellow Indonesian-American craft blog friend) is having a card drive. She wants to gather as many cards so that she can send them to elderly folks in nursing homes. Do check out her blog for details and if you participate not only will you help bring a smile to an elderly person’s face you will also be eligible to win some yummy goodies!

Card details:

I used the brand new Waltzingmouse sketch for this card. If you need inspiration for the card drive, do stop by and check this lovely sketch out. It’s awesome because it’s so versatile and the other DTs have some fabby cards to show you!!

I did some stamping, Waltzingmouse Musical Backgrounds and Victorian Frippery, AND also used some hybrid goodies, Fall Frolic, by Zoe Pearns. I added some stitching too to match up with the cloud and owls.

Give Thanks, a Card

Don’t you just love the owls? Underneath the big one I added a little bit of leftover paper which coincidently fit the color scheme. Leftovers are a good things, I keep whatever I can.

Now, if you didn’t come from Sarah’s blog, there’s a blog hop going on to support Vera in her card drive. If you’re already hopping you’d have came her from Sarah Martina Parker’s blog. If that is the case, let me send you off to Tiffany’s blog for more eye candy!!

Have a great Saturday everybody!!!!

47 comments

1. Vera Wirianta Yates says:

Your words explain my feeling perfectly about the old folks. I might have to quote you! Seeing old folks that still giggle with each other is one of the sweetest thing. And I love, love your card! So pretty. Thank you so much for all your support for Caring Hearts Card Drive. Hugs. :)

2. Erin R says:

I’m really loving this card… it is so intricate and the colors and layering are perfect. I keep meaning to break out my sewing machine but haven’t done so yet… You have really inspired me to try out this much overlooked piece of equipment. Thanks!

3. Lin says:

Oh my, this is really special – love all the stitching!! And your little description of “old folks” was so endearing :) I have 90 and 87 year-old parents, and you are so right!

4. Annie says:

This is just gorgeous.. love teh sweetness of it. Love the owlies, and the branch and all the little details that complete the gorgeous look.. stamping, embossing, sewing.. awesome :)

5. Viola Mahr says:

That is a beautiful, wonderful, shabby card, Mona! It is so fun to find your blog! I always love fellow-shabby-girls! Thank you for inspiring with your lovely creations.

Shabby Hugs,
    Viola

6. Viola Mahr says:

I am so sorry! You are Savitri and not Mona! ;) I guess I should visit one blog rather than two at a time….. but I WAS referring to your blog as lovely and beautiful, Savitri! :) I will be back to visit you.

Viola

7. Ren-Yi says:

oh this is just delicious – everything from the lil clouds, to the fun owls, to the tag, to the stitching. i’m so glad that you are doing this too – great cause right? i secretly smile at old couples too when i see them in the mall, or parks – especially old asian couple. “i want THAT when i’m old!” is what tell myself.

8. Clouds says:

amazing card Savitri! the owls are darling and the card overall is perfect! :) lovely! will try to make a card for Vera’s card drive, sounds like a great cause!

Hugs,