Is This THE Night?

For Jovie to sleep through the night? She cried twice but very short and she put herself back to sleep. Crossing fingers!!! M was, and still not, one who can put herself back to sleep. Now and then she’d calm herself down but most of the time I’d have to come in and tuck her back in. Or chase her around the house first and then tuck her in. She sleep walks and pee in random places. Last time was the waste basket which was, still is and always have been, right next to the toilet. Good thing it’s a plastic basket!!

I got some short blog hopping done and Sarah made me want to do a SCS CAS challenge. I thought I’d combine it with a 2S4Y sketch and I came up with this:

Happy Birthday Friend

I liked how I layered the houses in this scrapbook page and thought I’d do it again on a card.

I think after all’s done it’s borderline not CAS but I think, looking at it, it’s still pretty clean. What do you think?

I put my light kit together. Now I can take night time craft pics. I love my bay window natural light but sometimes I just want to post my stuff right after I make it… or a deadline, ha!

Ok, short and sweet. Laters!

Materials:

Cardstock: SU
Pattern Paper: American Craft
Digital Paper: Kellie Mize Iced Latte from The DigiChick
Stamps: Practicing Creativity
Embellishments: Buttons and baker’s twine from Etsy

17 comments

1. Annie says:

such a pretty pretty card. I love the way you layer the houses.. I always tend to one dimensional still lol.. got to love hot air balloons and the clouds :)

2. ~amy~ says:

love your card…the sleep walking pee’ing thing..you know she’s not going to be a happy camper when she realizes you’ve been writing that..lol..remind me about your light kit..is it homemade or out of a box?

3. Sarah Martina says:

Yay! You did an SCS challenge, yes? :) It fits! I love the layered skyline… and the fun colors! Never heard of sleepwalking/tinkling kiddlets, but I’m sure it can be somewhat entertaining, lol!

• ~dawne says:

Hey girl….I’ve missed your blog!! And sooo much eye-candy too. Glad to see you’re doing well & the girls are getting sooooooooooooooooo big!!

4. Diane Jaquay says:

Awesome interpretation of the sketch!! I love the balloons and clouds floating over those houses! Thanks for stopping by my blog today :)

5. Brenda Weaver says:

I had a kid who walked in his sleep. I think he outgrew it, thank goodness. It kind of freaked me out. Now walking and peeing- that’s kind of funny!
    Love the card and it looks clean to me. I need to dig out my hot air balloon stamps again. they’re feeling neglected.

6. Dawn W. says:

Yes…definitely still CAS. And super cute too.

LMAO about random sleep-peeing! Just be grateful she’s a girl and needs to sit on something. If you had a sleep walking-peeing boy…oh geez the places you’d find pee! LMAO